Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My sunday baking fest

I decided saturday night to make strawberry muffin's and muffin tops. Sunday morning I woke up and began making homemade Mc Griddles. Yeah that was a flop it was more like a maple flavored wafer because I failed to put enough baking powder in the batter. I settled on making chocolate whoopie pies with strawberry cream cheese filling another with coconut cream cheese filling and a special one for Greg with peanut butter cream cheese filling.

Failed Mc Griddles
Whoopie pie success
Since failing miserably at my maple pancake wafers I decided to go safe and follow the recipe on the whoopie pie pan and came to find that it's freaking good. I couldn't stop licking the airy batter off the mixer blades and the spatula gave up fighting me off. lol I know I can be an outrageously cheesy person but I am who I am. Along with maple wafers and chocolate whoopie pies I am making cornbread for dinner tonight with Greg's chili from scratch. Mmmmmmm I love it.

I have no pics of the chili and cornbread since it was devoured before either of us thought to take a pic. It was so good that I wanted seconds but when there are 3 people eating and only enough for four it's not fair to be the greedy one. Although I seem to be the only one with this thought because his dad promptly devoured a second bowl lol.

Greg's addition to my muffin tops
Since the strawberry muffin tops were a hit Greg made dessert out of them. Holy cow they were so good. Tell me I don't have a food genius at home and I'll let you know quickly your wrong. Greg has so many good ideas and I love when he gets in the kitchen and goes for it.

The whoopie pies had to be frozen because there was no way they were getting eaten that night. I must say they hold up very well frozen. According to Greg he says they taste similar to a frozen devil dog which are so good.

The strawberry muffin top recipe was from joyofbaking.com and the whoopie pie recipe came from the whoopie pie pan from Wilton. The failed Mc Griddle was all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment